Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Making Plant Markers

The other day I went to go buy some plant markers (They're currently labeled with post-it notes which obviously DON'T work too well esp. when I water them lol). The price was about 3 bucks for a pack of 10 or so? Maybe I'm being a little overboard cheap but I don't know... I was hoping to buy a pack of 100 or more so I can use them for gifts and such too so I was not expecting to be spending over 30 dollars on plant markers.


So instead I decided to do a little arts and crafts! After a bit of brainstorming on the materials to use, I ended up choosing an empty juice carton box and some plastic forks (We have a big Costco box of them that rarely gets used).






I am highly pleased with my final product :D I made them big enough so I can even write down the specific type of whatever plant. I also cut up a bunch of thin skinny pieces for labeling starters. Everything's written/drawn in permanent ink so they don't wash off and if I lose them they really won't be that big of a loss.

One carton made enough signs but I'll probably start saving and cutting them up for future use as well.


No comments: