Saturday, June 6, 2009

Okras

I planted my okras in front of my squash/zucchinis. The squash all have a trellis to climb for support but for my okras I'll probably put in stakes and tie them up. I've never actually even seen an okra plant in my life so I'm really excited to see how they grow. 

I'm cheating with the okra though. All the plants in my garden I grew from seed but my okra plants died when my boyfriend forgot to water them while I was gone :( So my mom graciously gave me some of her seedlings since I gave her the seeds to start with haha. One of my plants did survive though but it's teeny tiny. So a total of 6 plants. 5 hers, 1 mine. I hope mine does better ;P

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I've never seen an okra plant in real life either. I've yet to grow it because I wouldn't know what to do with the okra afterward.

Cynthia Sanders said...

There's a couple Japanese dishes that use okra so if I'm successful in harvesting it, I'll definitely post em here!