Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More To Harvest

I harvested a handful of baby spinach, parsley, cilantro, basil, and asparagus from my garden for my lunch today. The menu is spicy salmon, spinach salad, and a side of asparagus.

 

The flavors of the herbs are so amazing! It's so different compared to the dried kinds I'm used to from my counter top spice rack.

I can't wait to be able to harvest tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis, and all that good stuff. I'm still in shock at how much I'm actually able to grow outside! My black thumbs are apparently slowly turning green... :)

2 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Now THAT'S my kind of dinner! Tastes even better when you've grown much of it yourself, doesn't it?

Cynthia Sanders said...

It REALLY makes a difference!! The herbs were just so unbelievably flavorful! :D